At last there is a little bit of sunshine after a long, rather mild and very wet winter. We suspect the Queens only stopped laying for a very short time, if at all. We started feeding all 3 hives just after New Year with Candipolline, as we were worried they might have run out of pollen, as well as honey. We are now giving them a mixture of Candipolline and plain fondant. Checked them today and they have almost finished it again so we will check again in a few days and probably give them one last lot. They have been out flying more recently and bringing in snowdrop pollen and nectar.
There was evidence of wax moth damage in the Paddies hive which we will need to keep an eye on. We changed their insulating bath mat, as it had pupae on.
|Our candy board type invention for feeding candipolline/fondant|
|It seems to work very well|